My Top Five Sites That I Like to Visit
Here is a short list of websites that I like to visit in my spare time.
- Amazon.com: You can shop for almost anything on Amazon. You put in what you want and the results will come up instantly. Their customer service is always helpful. If an order does not go as planned, they will help you get your money back. Plus, they have an alert system that lets you know when and where your order is before it arrives at its final destination. Nowadays, Amazon is not just for shopping anymore. If you are an author, Amazon has a section where you can self-publish for e-books and now for hard copies. If you have a Prime account, you can have access to more perks. Certain shows and movies are available to watch. Currently, I am watching Man From High Castle. My girlfriend and I have finished all of the current episodes out and are waiting for the next season.
- YouTube.com: I could get lost looking at different videos for hours at a time. You can always find different channels to fall in love with. YouTube has plenty of videos that vary from different subjects. You can find plenty of how to videos. Sometimes while I am working, I will play music to help pass the time. My favorite videos are cooking ones. When I looking for something new to cook, I go through my favorite channels until I pick the recipe that catches my interest. If you do not like ads before, during, or after your videos, you can upgrade your account to YouTube Red. For a small fee, you can have access to music and TV shows exclusive to YouTube Red all without commercials to interrupt your flow.
- Netflix.com: In the wake of the twenty-first century, more and more people are turning to the internet to watch their favorite shows and movies. One such site, is Netflix. Every month, they come out with new and different movies and shows to watch. They range from the classics to foreign movies. All ages can enjoy the treats that this site has to offer. Not only that, but Netflix even offers some of their own original series. Right, the girlfriend and I are watching Stranger Things before the second season drops. They feature a rating system where they give you suggestions on what to watch next based on high ratings. You can even have a number of users on the same account.
- Google.com: This site has turned into the number one search engine in the world. And with good reason too. You can find just about anything just by punching it into Google. On different holidays, historical moments, and events, Google will decorate their logo in what they call doodles. Some of them are interactive. My favorite is the one where it was Oskar Fischinger’s 117th Birthday. I got lost creating different music with the various sounds just about all day. My girlfriend’s favorite is the Pacman one. If you want, you can go the Google Doodle archives just to see your favorites all over again. Google is not just a search engine anymore. You can create documents, spreadsheets, and upload files through Google Docs and Google Drive. You also purchase, books, apps, TV shows, movies, and music through the Google Play store. You can every use Google to look for directions and stores your pictures.
- Huffpost.com: I tend to get my Huffpost. They share different stories from politics, LGBT issues, to weird news and entertainment. You can even sign up to receive newsletters via e-mail. Huffpost is not just an American site either. You can access this from most other countries. My partner and I can get this site just fine from the UK. I always like to look at the book and TestKitchen sections after I read all of the top stories for the day. But, you must be careful if you use adblocker. While in America, Huffpost does not care if you use it, the UK is not a fan of adblocker and will as you to disable it before going any farther onto the articles.